God’s Own Country, Kerala is one of the must-visit places in India. The tourist attractions in Kerala tempts, pleases and of course grants unforgettable experiences. This paradise in India has hill- stations, backwaters, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries, commercial cities, scenic hamlets and much more to explore. In this article, we are covering a 5 best places to visit in kerala.
5 best places to visit in kerala
1. Alleppey – The Venice of India
Alleppey tops the list of best tourist attractions in Kerala. The city was titled the ‘Venice of the East’. The backwaters in the area are perfect for a houseboat vacation. Go exploring on the watery routes. The houseboats are age-old modes of transportation revamped with a plenitude of luxuries equivalent to a 5-star hotel. The scenic landscape is a soothing sight. Watch coconut groves, paddy fields, ducks and lilies and quaint villages pass by. The cuisines are of note as the fresh produce of the water makes place in your plate. Experience bliss like never before!
- Best time to visit: September to mid-May
- Nearest airport: Kochi Airport at 53 km.
- Nearest railway station: Alleppey Railway Station is in the city.
2. Munnar – South India’s Tea Heaven
Munnar is one of the most beautiful hill station in Kerala. Snuggled at 6000 feet, the town has an easy charm. The gradient and the salubrious weather of this hill are perfect for tea farming. The hill station has about 80,000 miles of tea plantation. This is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in Kerala for Tea & Spice plantation tour. The town has an old-world colonial feel to it. Enjoy a relaxing stay in comfortable hotels in Munnar. For adventure-seeking, trekking and camping are definitely exciting. Munnar is a balm to your body, mind, and soul.
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Nearest airport: Kochi Airport is 143 km away.
- Nearest railway station: Aluva Railway Station is 110 km away.
3. Kovalam – Kerala’s Beach Paradise
Listed among the best destination of Kerala, Kovalam is a beauty and one offering cherished experiences. The place offers a lot to tourists. In addition, the pleasant weather, soothing breeze, golden soft sand, and tall coconut trees add more charm to this little piece of paradise. Also, go swimming or bask in the warm sunshine. Get to enjoy lip-smacking seafood. Soothing Ayurvedic massages are also on offer. Relax sunbathing in the warmth or try out water sports like parasailing, snorkeling, etc. Additionally, there are a number of accommodation options suitable for your family, loved one, or for yourself to relax.
- Best time to visit: September to May
- Nearest airport: Trivandrum International Airport at 15 km.
- Nearest railway station: Trivandrum Railway Station at 14 km.
4. Fort Kochi – The Crowned ’Queen of Arabian Sea’
One of the top tourist places in Kerala, Fort Kochi is often the gateway to God’s Own Country. The Queen of the Arabian has multiple personalities. The city has a history, heritage and multi-ethnic culture. Perfect for nature lovers, history buffs, and tourists, it is one of the most visited travel destinations in Kerala. Fort Kochi has much to offer, in terms of sights, food and experiences. With museums, palaces, synagogues, Hindu temples, churches, heritage buildings, art galleries, beaches, Fort Kochi tempts you to go exploring. Do not miss to savor some of the cuisines and bring home souvenirs.
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Nearest Airport: Kochi International Airport in the city.
- Nearest Railway Station: Ernakulam Junction is 13 km away.
5. Thekkady (Periyar Tiger Reserve) – Wildlife Adventures in Abundance
Thekkady ranks among the top places to visit in Kerala. It is natural heaven blessed with wilderness snuggled amid the lush greenery of Western Ghats. The forests of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary besides the Periyar Lake are a well-known tourist delight. In addition, coffee and spice plantations are truly amazing. Periyar, one of the 27 Tiger Reserves in India is inhabited by almost 35 species of fauna, like elephants, tigers, sambars, gaurs, etc. Also, almost 265 species of birds inhabit the greenery. In addition, you can enjoy the wildness with activities like safari, jungle patrol, bamboo rafting, jungle camp, border hiking, etc.
- Best time to visit: November to early-May
- Nearest airport: Karipur International Airport at 95 km.
- Nearest railway station: Kottayam Railway Station at 114 km.
These are 5 best places to visit in kerala What are you waiting for?