Having a Roku device brings in a lot of benefits. You can choose to watch between free as well as paid channels. There are so many channels to decide from in various categories. Whether it’s movies, sports, news, entertainment, or for that matter even for the kids. Roku has a good set of channels that are best for kids with the popular one being PBS Kids. While you can simply download and install the channel, you will need to activate it. This can be said for almost any PBS channel. So, read on to know how to activate PBS Kids on Roku.
PBS Kids and all the other PBS channels are free to install and stream. It doesn’t require you to have an existing cable connection of any sort. All you need to have is a PBS account and you’ll be good to go. PBS Kids channel has a ton of programs that you can let your kids watch. The channel is kid-friendly and shouldn’t be of any problem to anyone. However, before you begin to stream its content you’ll be required to activate the channel. Follow this guide to know how you can activate the PBS Kids channel on your Roku device.
- PBS account
- Roku Device
- Mobile Phone or PC
Create PBS account
- First, head over to the PBS account creation page.
- You’ll need to enter details such as your name, e-mail address, and a password for the account.
- Once all of these details have been filled in, click on register.
- You now have a PBS account set-up
Activate PBS Kids on Roku
Considering that you have already downloaded the PBS Kids channel to your Roku device you can follow these steps.
- On your mobile device or PC, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now head over to the PBS activation page. You can click here to visit the page.
- On your Roku device, launch the PBS Kids app.
- It will pop up a message indicating that it needs you to activate the Roku device for PBS Kids to work.
- The pop-up will also show you a 7 digit activation code.
- You need to enter this code on the PBS activation web page.
- Once you have entered it, click on the blue Continue button.
- You will be redirected to the page where you’ll be asked to enter your PSB account details.
- Once signed in, you can now stream right away from the PBS Kids app on your Roku device.
- Make sure to copy the activation code correctly. Incorrect inputs will simply lead to a message that will say your activation wasn’t successful.
- Once the activation has become successful, you’ll be able to launch the PBS Kids Channel and stream right away.
This is how you can activate the PBS Kids channel on your Roku TV. The process is really simple and easy and can be used to activate all PBS channels that you might have installed on your Roku device. If you have any queries, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.