Roku devices whether it is the streaming stick, streaming box, or the Roku TV, are great devices for those who have recently cut the cord. The options to watch content on a Roku device are endless. As someone who might be new to Roku and everything about it, there will be a lot of questions about the service, we do have a few guides that you can read through about it. The Roku remote is a useful device and if you ever lose it, you can make use of your mobile phone as a remote itself. Now, what if you want to pair a new Roku remote without using the pairing button? Let’s find out.
Roku remotes usually have a pairing button at the back or probably under the battery cover. Now, depending on what kind of Roku device you have, there will be different ways to pair them up. In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at different scenarios and what you need to do when you have a particular type of remote or device. While using the pairing button is the only way to usually sync your remotes, let’s take a look if you can sync a Roku remote without the spring button,
Sync Roku Remote without Pairing Button
Generally, when you get a new Roku Box or Roku Stick, you get a remote with a pairing button. If you wish to know how that works, you can check out this guide for more details. Now let’s take a look at a few scenarios where you will be able to sync the Roku remote without the pairing button.
1. Sync Remote to TVs with Roku OS
Now, there are Roku TVs from different brands, such as Insignia, Toshiba, TCL, LG, etc. Now since these are TVs, the remotes for these TVs do not have a pairing button. Instead, they make use of infrared sensors that are present at the top of the remote and also visible at the front panel of your TV. The remotes for these types of Roku devices will simply work right out of the box. All you need to do is point the remote to your TV and use the remote right away. The need to sync anything here is zero.
2. Sync Roku Enhanced Remote
Now, if you have a Roku Streaming Box or Roku Stick, you will be getting a sleek Roku remote. These are either rechargeable ones or use a battery cell. Now, there is a way to Sync the remote to your Roku Stick or Roku Streaming Box. This method will work perfectly only if you have a Roku remote that is designed to work with the Roku Stick or Roku Streaming box and if it has been previously connected to your Wifi network.
- Power up your Roku Stick or Roku Streaming box and make sure it connects automatically to your wifi network.
- Now, connect your Android or iOS device to the same WiFi network.
- Download the Roku app that is freely available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Now, launch the Roku app and make sure to sign in with the same account details that you have used to sign in to your Roku device.
- Once you have logged in, you will see the Remote option on your screen. Tap on it.
- Now, use the on-screen navigation buttons and launch Settings on your Roku.
- Under that, you will have to navigate and select the Remotes and Devices option on your TV.
- Select the Pair New Device option.
- The Roku device will begin to search for new remotes nearby.
- Make sure to keep your unpaired Roku remote nearby so that it can be easily detected and paired.
- Once it has been paired, you can use the Roku remote with your device without having to use the pairing button.
If for some reason you receive a regular infrared remote with your Roku Stick, well, then there is nothing you can do. The remote needs to have a pairing button in order to be used. Without the pairing button of your Roku remote for the Roku Stick, the remote becomes useless and there is nothing you can do about it. In this case, the only option is to get yourself a proper Roku remote that works for the Roku Stick.
And this concludes the guide o how to sync your Roku Remote without the pairing button. If you have any queries or maybe even a method that worked for you, feel free to drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: